MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Playing ITF Futures

View Single Post

Old 09-15-2012, 10:24 PM   #11
country flag Keech

Keech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond reputeKeech has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Playing ITF Futures

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyjones13 View Post
So I played the futures qualifying today for the Parkway tournament, and I won my match! lol.

I played a guy who was 50 years old. The level of our play was embarrassingly inferior to all of the courts around us.
It was an intense match. I won the first set 6-4, and was up 5-1 in the second set tiebreaker. He came back/I choked and he took the 2nd set breaker. In the third set, he was up 3-0. I started playing ridiculously conservatively just pushing balls back, chasing balls down, not missing. I battled back and won 7-5 in the third!

We both got extremely lucky playing each other in the draw.

I'm playing Josh Graves again tomorrow (who beat me 6-0, 6-0 my first futures qualifying match). I have no shot of winning, but I would be disappointed if I don't win 1 game.

Just thought I'd let you guys know my futures experience in case any of you are curious!
Oh wow, Peter! I see you on the qualie draw there! Very best of luck to you against Joshua Graves! ..Love your perspective on the whole thing. ..Please keep us in the loop on your activities
Keech is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote