MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Playing ITF Futures

View Single Post

Old 09-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #9
country flag peteyjones13

peteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Playing ITF Futures

So I played the futures qualifying today for the Parkway tournament, and I won my match! lol.

I played a guy who was 50 years old. The level of our play was embarrassingly inferior to all of the courts around us.
It was an intense match. I won the first set 6-4, and was up 5-1 in the second set tiebreaker. He came back/I choked and he took the 2nd set breaker. In the third set, he was up 3-0. I started playing ridiculously conservatively just pushing balls back, chasing balls down, not missing. I battled back and won 7-5 in the third!

We both got extremely lucky playing each other in the draw.

I'm playing Josh Graves again tomorrow (who beat me 6-0, 6-0 my first futures qualifying match). I have no shot of winning, but I would be disappointed if I don't win 1 game.

Just thought I'd let you guys know my futures experience in case any of you are curious!
peteyjones13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote