MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Henman slays 3 GS champs to win Paris Masters title

View Single Post

Old 09-15-2012, 08:11 PM   #36
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Henman slays 3 GS champs to win Paris Masters title

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post

Yes I saw him live at Queens too! It was great, aside from the fact that it was a NID loss to Hewitt, ahh well
Yeah Hewitt was just a nightmare match-up for him in every sense. The 2001 Queen's final between them was a very entertaining and high quality match, and in the 2002 final Henman played great in the first set before Hewitt fought back. In their 2006 semi-final I remember Henman's temper tantrum over a line call when he was a break up early in the final set. He lost his composure after that. Still at least he finally got a win over Hewitt at Miami earlier that year.

I remember people talking about the 2002 Australian Open being a huge wasted opportunity by him. He had won the title at Adelaide and then reached R4 before being straight setted by Bjorkman. The bottom half of the draw which he was in was absolutely decimated by withdrawals and upsets that year.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote