MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2012 Live Commentary

View Single Post

Old 09-14-2012, 12:07 PM   #101
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012 Live Commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jverweij View Post
preaching to the choir here. I was quite vocal about not thinking that his being in my neighbourhood was an intelligent decision.

And I'm still convinced the Swiss team could win this without Federer.
It's all very psychological. After last year's disappointing loss for him vs. Djokovic, he took an exhausting trip to Australia and the Swiss played well and beat Australia in the Davis Cup tie there. Federer took a rest and then came back highly energized to sweep all matches and tournaments for the rest of the year.

So after this year's disappointing loss in the US Open to Berdych, Federer's probably looking to repeat the scenario. Netherlands is clay not grass but is much closer than Australia. Best scenario for him would be to win Shanghai, win at Basel, then skip or exit early in Paris to be have full energy in London for the Master's cup (WTF).

Respectfully,
masterclass

Last edited by masterclass : 09-14-2012 at 12:13 PM.
masterclass is offline View My Blog!