MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - With the slowing of the surfaces and mega defense, should modern players volley more?

View Single Post

Old 09-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #49
country flag AnotherGameFor

AnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond reputeAnotherGameFor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: With the slowing of the surfaces and mega defense, should modern players volley m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Raonic's net positioning and agility at the net were the bigger issues, I thought, he's no Pat Rafter. Murray hits a cross court pass 99% of the time off the forehand and Raonic gave him that pass all night. Gotta close at a more imposing angle and cut off Muzza's best shot. Make him go down the line and then hit the winning volley.
I agree that Raonic needs to improve his anticipation at the net, but even the best volleyers would be in trouble vs alot of those shots. The top spin also makes it easier to lob so players can't stand right on top of the net either.
AnotherGameFor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote