MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - S.Q.T. (stupid question thread)

View Single Post

Old 09-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #177
country flag ApproachShot

ApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: S.Q.T. (stupid question thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
That is obviously when they are returning the service, Paes returns from deuce court, Bhupathi from ad court. I've heard it's usually the better returner who returns from ad court, he returns most BPs.
It's more than who is a better returner to be honest - one could argue that it is important to return the the odd points in a game well so that the team need not get into a break point situation.

For two right-handed players, the one with a stronger backhand will normally take the ad court so that they can confidently return wide balls on that side. I think that works well with the Bhupathi-Paes pairing since most would regard Bhupathi to have the better backhand and Paes to have the better forehand (especially when stepping in to attack the net).