MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Where will Nadal be ranked at the end of 2012?

View Single Post

Old 09-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #68
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where will Nadal be ranked at the end of 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post
Yup - looks like no.1 Novak; no.2 Fed; no.3 Murray; no. 4 Nadal. Will be interesting to see how Aus Open draw pans out - will hope for a Nadal/Federer semi draw - getting Nadal/Novak in the semis after the epic final last year would be a real shame. Add to that Federer being most vulnerable at HC slams these days - on the slow Aus Open court he's the easiest opponent of the top 4 so both Murray and Nadal will be hoping to be in his side of the draw.
I don't think anyone hopes to see Federer in their draw, even now when he's older. There's still the possibility of him catching fire. Out of the other players in the top 4, I'd maybe say that only Nadal would prefer to have Roger in the semis over Nole, not over Murray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post
Well it would help Murray so I'm not surprised you'd want that. Murray/Djokovic matches aren't much different - baseline slugfests. Murray/Nadal usually has more variety/net play but still they're all defensive baseliners.
I'd say Murray/Djokovic matches have a bit more character than Rafole matches. Rafole matches can be epic baseline slugfests and great to watch now and again, but variety is nice. Rafa and Nole both clearly have the same gameplan in all their matches (Rafa - dominate with the forehand from the backhand corner, look for forehand to forehand rallies: Nole - hit it to the backhand deep and with spin, wait for the short ball) and the points can be carbon copies of each other.
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote