MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Most tactically stupid player on tour?

View Single Post

Old 09-08-2012, 09:51 PM   #192
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Most tactically stupid player on tour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusher for life View Post
Totally disagree
If a player's only tactic and only skill is to push the ball back into play all the time, it means that he's got only one tactic.
What does the thread say ? " Most tactically stupid player "
If a player has only one tactic in today's game, then he should be called this way
It's like talking to a 5-year old. Alright, I'll try again.

If a strategy is stupid or not has to be determined by results and not your subjective opinion. If you win match after match employing the same tactics, then chances are that your strategy is NOT stupid since the opponents can't beat you even though they're aware of what your gameplan is.

Too complicated for you? Try this then. This is a list of players who are as one-dimensional as Ferrer and Monaco (but employ another playing style): Soderling, Nadal, Del Potro, Karlovic, Simon etc etc.
These players have found their strength in tennis and are using it as much as they can. That is called being tennis intelligent. Players like Dolgo who has better variety than Ferrer but is unable to deliver results - that is a tactically dumb tennis player. The same goes for Monfils who has great athletic talent but horrible shot selection.
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
Rafa you are my hero I hope I will never live to see the day you start losing matches regularly to mugs like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote