MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Rafachat - vol. 79. Who cares about the AO? SA slam to start very soon! Bamos!

View Single Post

Old 09-06-2012, 08:40 AM   #2131
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. we all want Rafa back, even the haters :angel:

Somehow, I didn't think that Federer was going to win it (or maybe that was just wishful thinking on my part ) but I didn't expect him to lose before the SF.

Did it have to be Berdych, though?

---

This morning, I heard a news item that parents and children can follow a course on "how to play outside".

I found an article about it.

Quote:
Wat kun je allemaal doen met een stok die je in het bos vindt? Waar vind je slakken of spinnen? In welke boom kun je goed klimmen? Veel kinderen hebben er geen flauw benul meer van
Translated:
Quote:
What can you do with a stick you find in the forest? Where can you find slugs and spiders? What sort of tree is good for climbing? A lot of children don't have a clue about these things any more.

Seriously, though? Learning how to play outside? You'd think that this would come naturally. If a kid runs around in a forest and picks up a stick; do you really think that this child won't figure out on his/her own what sort of things you can do with it? Since when do children need an instruction guide on how to play with a stick.

The article continues that many parents consider it to be "safer and easier to keep children inside. Their clothes don't get dirty that way."

I'm guessing it's more about the parents than the children. There's so much overprotection these days. When parents do take their kids to a forest, it's often to the protected play area.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!