MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The Everything Davis Cup Thread (News, Articles, Live Scores)

View Single Post

Old 09-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #338
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Everything Davis Cup Thread (News, Articles, Live Scores)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry Verdasco View Post
Matosevic should have a spot over Guccione and Duckworth.

Guccione should have 5th spot over Duckworth.
I think Duckworth's spot is more for just for experience even though Pat made that weird comment saying he was a shot of making the team, there is no way he would put him in there.

Guccione is there because him and Lleyton make a great doubles team and have had great results. he would have a much better doubles ranking if he was playing more often on the tour but injuries and trying to get that singles ranking has been more of his priority (although his singles career looks about over). Guccione is a fine chocie.

Ebden over Matosevic has my head spinning. I wonder if Pat even watched the Cilic match, he's trying to find players who fight hard for his country after Tomic's disaster the other night. He took a guy who is arguably a level or two above him to 5 sets and had an incredibly tight tussle in the 5th. Puts all his effort on court to me and then you look at Ebden's clay results and even his form on the hardcourts this American swing and you just have to wonder what drugs Pat is taking.
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote