MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2012 Schedule and Ranking

View Single Post

Old 09-05-2012, 06:01 PM   #62
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012 Schedule and Ranking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike s. View Post
Unfortunately because many of the top guys missed out this summer, the 10-20 ranked guys all picked up a lot of points in their absence and moved up the rankings. They likely won't be able to defend these points next year but it will be tough for Gilles to keep up in the next 12 months because he lost out on all these points this summer. That being said, even though he dropped to 20th, he's still really close to 4 or 5 guys in front of him so one good tournament and he's back to number 15 or 16. If Gilles can get his serve back, indoor hardcourts are usually good for him except for last year so I am hopeful he can make up some ground in the fall.
That's a good point.
I was so looking forward to this US summer bcos Gilles has always done well (except 2010 after he came back from knee injury) and the field was wide open. But sadly the shoulder strike, and he got left behind .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike s. View Post
He'll probably end up seeded for Shanghai, I have a feeling at least 3-4 guys in the top 20 will miss.
You think so? I think Rafa and Fed are the likely w/d. But the rest seems healthy enough. It will be good if he somehow get a seed, otherwise, for all his luck lately, he could get Murray in the first round.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote