MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2012 Schedule and Ranking

View Single Post

Old 09-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #61
country flag mike s.

mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012 Schedule and Ranking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
Gilles' next tournament is Bangkok, and that's if he can recover well enough from the shoulder problem. He has 3 weeks. If I understand correctly, infiltration works to speed up the regeneration of tissues...

His ranking unfortunately has dropped down to 20 after USO and 21 if Roddick somehow manages to get to SF, which I of course think it's not possible (no disrespect to Roddick but a huge Nole fan I am). Which means things will get really tough from now on, like he won't be seeded for Tokyo nor Shanghai unless there's numerous w/d. Still, his race pts is at around 17, and he has about 200 pts more than the 20th player in the Race. So his goal, for sure, is to keep that ranking, or possibly try to move back up to top 15. But anyway, he has about 5 tournaments remained (if things turn out as planned), so plenty of time to catch up, as long as his body cooperates.
He'll probably end up seeded for Shanghai, I have a feeling at least 3-4 guys in the top 20 will miss.