MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Marin Cilic will be permanent top 10 player

View Single Post

Old 09-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #35
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marin Cilic will be permanent top 10 player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
there's no reason why he shouldn't become a player in the same Berdych and Tsonga are now
yes, that's what I've thought for long, and I can add something : I see no reason why those who are presented as promising youngsters (Raonic, Tomic, Harrison, Dimitrov, Dolgopolov, Nishikori) would be better than him.

I see that Dolgopolov is often put in lists of promising youngsters and not Cilic whereas he's just two months younger than Cilic , and Nishikori one year.

And at the age Raonic has now, Cilic had already reached the semifinal of the Aus Open (defeating Del Potro) and the quarterfinal of the US Open (defeating Murray).

And since then his evolution has been similar to the one Berdych had in his early years actually.

He has a very complete game, with everything in the arsenal (even his volley is good, his footwork is good for someone his size) although not at the highest quality or the highest power, then he can have a plan B, he has a very good second serve, all things which make him different from the players outside of the top-10 and more in the Berdych-category.

Last edited by duong : 09-04-2012 at 03:39 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote