MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Rafael Nadal Injury/Health Update Thread : Nadal confirmed for Viña del Mar

View Single Post

Old 09-03-2012, 08:35 PM   #237
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafael Nadal Injury/Health Update Thread : Spanish Press: Nadal not in DC etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
There is no magic pill. Those injections were what allowed him to play and win slams despite his poor knees. If it weren't for those injections maybe his career or slam titles would've stopped in 2009 after he pulled out of wimbledon.

But there is a limit. Medical treatments can only do so much. nadal has definitley taken advantage of all the state of the art treatments there are out there.
You've got a point here.
The ONLY thing that may/might allow for tendon- and related cartiledge-like problems to heal is REST.
All of other 'treatments' is quackery.

I can only hope Rafa and/or his team has finally acknowledged this by now (though I won't be sure, knowing how much athletes are indeed susceptible to believing in all kinds of 'wonder medicine') and that he indeed allows himself all the rest to find himself a genuine recovery of his knees.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!