MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Bernard Tomic SLAMMED by Rafter, Masur - may be left out of Davis Cup

View Single Post

Old 09-03-2012, 05:07 AM   #45
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bernard Tomic SLAMMED by Rafter, Masur - may be left out of Davis Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
At least with Hewitt you always knew he was giving it his all. At least with Hewitt, his effort was never in question.

Tomic just doesn't give a shit, and it's sickening, really. I was rooting for Roddick the other day, but even I was pissed with Tomic's total indifference.
different strokes to different folks. hewitt's racism for example used to upset me much more than any lack of effort in a match but i can understand how white australians in particular and most of MTF might think differently.

that said, i doubt tomic is the first player to tank or to give a poor effort in a set (third set in tomic's case in the match you cite). it just happens that some conceal their tanks better than others.