MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Rafael Nadal Injury/Health Update Thread : Nadal confirmed for Viña del Mar

View Single Post

Old 09-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #175
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish Press: Nadal not in DC; rest of season inc. WTF in doubt

Report that there's a possibility Nadal may choose to play some of the South American clay court tournaments next year - if he doesn't play at all this year that would be a good place to pick up some points and help ease the ranking pressure a bit - should easily win a 500 and 250 in Acapulco and Buenos Aires - that's better than a Masters final appearance... Then again, seems more than a little speculative. Frankly think doing that and only playing one HC Masters - i.e. Miami is a better choice:

Quote:
Spanish media reported over the weekend that Nadal could go away from the circuit until 2013. "There is nothing definite can not say that," sources told DPA environment ex world number one. But the truth is that your knees hurt more left-to-right, and Nadal wants to keep playing for a long time yet. "My enthusiasm and focus will be extended as much as possible my career and the illusion of being in Rio 2016. I will work for it, "said 26-year tennis soon after quit the U.S. Open.

That opens the possibility of having the Spanish in the early 2013 tournaments for years were relegated in their calendar, as Acapulco or Buenos Aires, whose clay is a surface much less aggressive than the cement-Rotterdam and Dubai events that favored Nadal in recent years for battered knees of the player. "We'd love to have Nadal, that's a no-brainer. We have shown an interest at the time, but it depends entirely on us, much less, that Nadal comes. Next year we celebrate our twentieth anniversary, it would be a great occasion, "said Raul Zurutuza, Acapulco tournament director, that Spanish-last played as Buenos Aires in 2005.

"We receive proposals tournaments all the time, but there is nothing definite," dpa assured sources close to Nadal, the Monday after the end of Acapulco, which is played on Saturday, has scheduled an exhibition with Juan Martin del Potro at Madison Square Garden in New York.
http://elcomercio.pe/deportes/146413...a-recuperacion
Ash86 is offline View My Blog!