MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Summer Hardcourt & Olympics

View Single Post

Old 08-31-2012, 09:30 PM   #96
country flag seljanin

seljanin has a reputation beyond reputeseljanin has a reputation beyond reputeseljanin has a reputation beyond reputeseljanin has a reputation beyond reputeseljanin has a reputation beyond reputeseljanin has a reputation beyond reputeseljanin has a reputation beyond reputeseljanin has a reputation beyond reputeseljanin has a reputation beyond reputeseljanin has a reputation beyond reputeseljanin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Summer Hardcourt & Olympics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumus View Post
I never recovered as a fan from the 2009 loss, it just taught me to not get my hopes up anymore.

It's just weird for years, I've looked where Andy is when the draws come out for the majors and sort of try to imagine a way he could work his way though and win the thing.

I feel like not having to watch Andy lose anymore will be a burden off my shoulders and I can just watch the tennis now and root for nice matches but I won't have to worry about being emotionally let down all the time after losses.
Yep, me too. If I just had a single wish to change one result in the history of the sport, Wimbledon 2009 final would be my immediate and only choice. I still can't force myself to watch highlights or trophy ceremony from that match, just can't.

Agree with other as well. When any kind of draw was made, I opened it with a first thought - ok, where's Roddick? Aha, here he is. In order to win the tournament he has to... Yeah... many years like that already. I think the very first time when I noticed Andy was when he defeated Michael Chang in French Open in 2001. That big serve + big FH combo and explosiveness made me a fan immediately. One month later I picked up a tennis racket for the first time in my life as well. Andy was among the main reasons for that.

F. Mayer/M/Youzhny/F. Fognini/J. Nieminen/L. Rosol/G. Muller/D. Brands/I. Sijsling/K. de Schepper/L. Hewitt/J. Zopp/M. Berrer/I. Karlovic/F. Nielsen/C. Guccione

S. Querrey/J. Janowicz/F. Lopez/B. Baker/R. Harrison/L. Kubot/S. Darcis/D. Meffert/M. Przysiezny/H. Podlipnik-Castillo/A. Olivetti/A. Bogdanovic/P. Oswald/A. Juška/V. Ivanov/R. Bloomfield/N. Rosenzweig
seljanin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote