MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Summer Hardcourt & Olympics

View Single Post

Old 08-31-2012, 06:52 PM   #93
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Summer Hardcourt & Olympics

To be honest, I had a feeling after the AO this year. Then, I really believed it after he lost at Wimbledon. The way he walked off after his last match and the look on his face. I was actually more surprised when Delray announced that he had signed for next year's tournament. In a way though, I'm not surprised that Andy didn't make a big deal out of this being his last year on tour and only announced it right before a match that he could very likely lose. I can see why he would want to try to keep it as low key as possible, but at the same time let his fans and sponsors know. He tried to do both of those at the same time and that's not easy.

Two things I'm sure we'll see before the end of the year - a book deal and a TV commentary gig, even if its just a limited contract. He might be Davis Cup captain some day, but I don't see him as a full time coach.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote