MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Frederico Gil

Thread: Frederico Gil
View Single Post

Old 08-29-2012, 09:02 AM   #117
country flag sfar

sfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frederico Gil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil&becker View Post
Jesus, this is scary, I really hope I didn't put a curse on him, or something... By the way, I wrote this just after his defeat to Simon at the beggining of the clay-season, in Monte Carlo. He then played well in Barcelona, and the next tournament on his schedule was Estoril...
It's happening just the same, summertime is no good for Fred. A professional tennis player has to be stable mentally throughout the whole year to remain in the top ranking positions. And Fred's problem is basically mental, there's no thrill in his current gameplay.

I thought Machado would be different, but it has been proved that he was not mentally prepared for ATP tournaments. Then, he had injuries that didn't help at all for his confidence.

Hope that the same thing doesn't happen to Joăo Sousa when he takes the step forward to play more ATP events.

Tennis Tipping
Best rankings:
Singles: 132 (18/06/2012)
Doubles: 88 (06/08/2012)
sfar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote