MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Frederico Gil

Thread: Frederico Gil
View Single Post

Old 08-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #116
country flag Gil&becker

Gil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frederico Gil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil&becker View Post
Too much for Gil today. Mind game and Simon's quality took him out, I think. Simon defended well and used well his cross-court forehand. Gil recognized that he was out of solutions. I saw the match and that was clearly happening. Several points whit Simon using slice from both sides, just pushing the ball long, and Gil lacked a weapon to finish the point. So, the UE began rapidly to mount, after a good confident start.
Gil will now be around 115th, and needs about 75 points from Barcelona and/or Estoril to secure Wimby MD. Anyhow, will be one of the 16 top-seeded at RG Qualy (already out of MD direct acceptance now) and at Wimby Qualy, if he doesn't secure MD acceptance.
He has been playing really well this season, most consistent season so far at ATP level on his professional career, just similar to 2009, his real debut at this level. Hope he doesn't fall appart after Estoril, as he did that year. I think that what he's producing is enough to get back rapidly to Top75. Let's see how he develops through clay-court season (this was just his first tournament on clay on this European swing, and already secured 70 points this week, which is great).
Jesus, this is scary, I really hope I didn't put a curse on him, or something... By the way, I wrote this just after his defeat to Simon at the beggining of the clay-season, in Monte Carlo. He then played well in Barcelona, and the next tournament on his schedule was Estoril...
Gil&becker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote