MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Endless Era Debates

View Single Post

Old 08-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #68
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you think this era will be remembered as a subpar era?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
This will be remembered as the greatest ever era in tennis. The top three are not only seen as amazing ambassadors for the sport but supreme athletes as well. While they have dominated the sport for the last few years, that will have to come to end soon and there is genuine interest in seeing who of the lower ranked players will step up and start challenging for GS in the future.

I would take this era over any in the past and I think most people who appreciate and understand tennis (so obviously not the OP) would agree.
not sure what makes you think that.

it is a known fact that tennis has been declining for a long time, even federer's domination years back in 2004-2006 were weak in terms of field-quality. however, since then it has only gotten worse until the point in which tennis is today. a game of endurance where talent isn't required. furthermore, with an old federer still going strong and still being the best player in the world with young versions of djok-nadal-murray (not to mention a bunch of other players who were never good enough to consistently challenge the top 3-4) you've gotta conclude this is a weak era.