MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Australian Open averts player boycott with increased prizemoney

View Single Post

Old 08-24-2012, 11:58 AM   #61
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Players threaten to boycott the AO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
I seriously can't stand Stakhovsky. He comes across as very, very self-serving and he tries all in his power to make as much as possible from his limited talent and appeal.
he's certainly not alone in this case, but what I appreciate about him (doesn't mean I like him, usually I don't like opportunistic guys ) is that he very publicly made clear why he wanted some things, it helped us to understand the situation.

I think this opportunistic/self-serving thinking is quite well spread among top-100 players, but from what I read in another article, in the Aus Open players' meeting, among the ones especially talking, there was a group of Russian guys (including Bogomolov and Youzhny, Tursunov as well if I remember, and I also remember Davydenko's reaction on the topic) and Stakhovsky was with them.

Last edited by duong : 08-24-2012 at 12:15 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote