MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Lance Armstrong finally banned for doping

View Single Post

Old 08-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #78
country flag vincayou

vincayou has a reputation beyond reputevincayou has a reputation beyond reputevincayou has a reputation beyond reputevincayou has a reputation beyond reputevincayou has a reputation beyond reputevincayou has a reputation beyond reputevincayou has a reputation beyond reputevincayou has a reputation beyond reputevincayou has a reputation beyond reputevincayou has a reputation beyond reputevincayou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lance Armstrong drops fight against US Anti-Doping Agency drug charges

IT WAS ABOUT TIME !

Well nothing new under the sun, everybody knew (in France at least) that he was doped. Unfortunately, doping has killed interest in cycling for a lot of people like me a long time ago. Even if they strip him of his titles, you would have to go very far in the pecking order to find a clean guy (probably around the 50th place).

There has always been doping but since EPO one just can't win the TdF without being doped (sorry brittish fans). EPO started with the Indurain years, and though I liked the guy he was probably on it. Lemond was probably the last clean rider and he described very well the turn in the early 90s when from one year to the next, he couldn't follow anymore some riders (and not one, more like 20) in the mountain despite showing no real decline in his performances (in training, etc...).

And for those who say "but he was the best amonst dopers", well, nobody knows how much dope they all used or who had access to the best product, and EPO or other drugs can have different effect on different people. All we know for years is that Armstrong was very professional about doping.

Unfortunately, this year, they rode the TdF as fast as in the Arsmstrong years. But maybe Wiggins, Froome and Co have very special bikes and talent hehehehehehe !
vincayou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote