MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Australian Open averts player boycott with increased prizemoney

View Single Post

Old 08-24-2012, 04:15 AM   #48
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WoW! Players threaten to boycott the AO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
stakhovsky posted on twitter there's no smoke without fire

srsly, if this happens, i'll stop following tennis in any form. just will lose respect to a bunch of primadonnas. but i believe it's just sensation seeking for now.

they should try to improve futures and challenger tour by boosting money prize, this is where many talented kids get screwed because they dont have money to pay a train (they dont travel by planes...) ticket with a submission fee, and then if you pass let's say 4 rounds of quallies but lose in the 1st round to a top seed you land with 100 dollars on hand... (which you also must pay a tax from)

this is the real problem and not if stakhovsky and suchlikes can buy a ferrari or porsche

but they are top 100 now, they want a coach, nutritionist, massagist and psychologist to travel with them and some of them want to pay hookers without asking dad for pocket money on that purpose

they don't think of the ones who are to make a road they somehow made a few years ago (mind the futures prize money havent been changed for a long time, and inflation kicks in)
well said.