MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Endless Federer-Nadal debates

View Single Post

Old 08-23-2012, 07:33 AM   #1070
country flag manadrainer

manadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer's backhand against Nadal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Olderer altered his BH over the years. It used to be a mostly flat drive that he used to go for wild winners and he used to hit amazing CC/DTL shots with it - but it led to a horrendous amount of UE's when pitted against Nadal's monstrous tospin lefty FH. These days, Olderer rarely hits BH winners, instead he has modified it into a more stable, grinding shot, designed to keep him in rallies and minimize errors. I actually applaud his ability to adapt to slower/higher bouncing courts and recognizing that his BH will never become a weapon on them - merely a solid shot that isn't a weakness.
You are probably right but I miss those backhand DTL winners he used to it in his prime.

Now he hits them very rarely...

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
manadrainer is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote