MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Wilander & Ivanisevic: "Murray will win US Open"

View Single Post

Old 08-22-2012, 05:01 PM   #66
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wilander&Ivanisevic: "Murray is the main favourite for US Open"

Mats and Goran knows their tennis. I also hold Murray as top favourite to win (for the first time in a slam). If you think about it he's a bad matchup for old Fed. Murray got the defense, he got the physicality and he got a MUCH BETTER SERVE than Nadal. In the Olympics F he also proved he got the tactics right. He knows he can grind it on important points like BPs and he knows his backhand is much more solid and less error-prone so if he plays solid and with power he gets a lot of "gifts".

Murray has a pretty decent record vs Fed on HC. It's not like he's an overwhelming favourite over Federer but if they meet I'd probably give a 55-45 advantage to Murray
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote