MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Wilander & Ivanisevic: "Murray will win US Open"

View Single Post

Old 08-22-2012, 05:59 PM   #63
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wilander&Ivanisevic: "Murray is the main favourite for US Open"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloevera View Post
Well, those guys again who never learn from their mistakes. Both are nadal fanboys and dislike federer. I'm surprised about two things. One, they pick Murray as clear favorite and two, they write djokovic off completely. Usually wilander only singled federer out.
Wilander yes, appears to be a Rafa fan boy for sure and for whatever reason truly dislikes Federer it seems (perhaps a bit envious). Ivanisevic on the other hand has always been friendly with Federer. I mean if I remember correctly, Ivanisevic hit with Federer before Roger played Rafa at the finals of Wimbledon 2006.

Either way, to consider Murray favorite for any slam especially this one, after having a rather poor summer HC so far (yes he may have been fatigued/injured but still), is extremely silly.. You're going to pick him over Federer and Djokovic who clearly have had success and can handle the big stages where Murray still struggles to find his best game consistently? And this is the US Open, which has been almost his worst slam considering how flaky his results have been from 2008 onwards.