MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - weekly ATP ranking stats

View Single Post

Old 08-20-2012, 07:06 PM   #3
country flag Beta2k

Beta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: weekly ATP ranking stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
Repped and great work !

I was sure you were gonna miss one of the new entries.
It's
1649 Daniel Baumann (GER) 08.02.1995

ATP site has a minor error in their display of this newly added player, which I kindly reported to them via email. If you take my official rankings table and filter via column BP, value "IN", you will see all the new additions to the rankings each week (might be easier for you). If you look inside this player's personal page on the ATP site, you will notice it will correctly say 1649, yet there is a display problem on the rankings page. Probably has to do with the lack of a country for him on the rankings page.
thx for the hint!

you are correct, i could do all of this (new rankings and stats about weekly change) with your superb table of course. still, i crawl each week's ranking on my own to create one excel-file containg a separate worksheet for each week's ranking. the reason i do this is to be able to do some special stats at the end of the year. e.g. making a ranking for "start of 2012" vs. "end of 2012" or "biggest weekly changes of the whole year" and so on... this is then easier for me. and i have some fun creating on my own, too of course during the week (when there is no new ranking to play around) i use yours to already get a hint of the next offical rankings

btw: having no country on one's ranking page seems to be no problem. look at #1110 named kenny bun. he also has no country which you can see because of the empty brackets. and also on the profile page of him there is no country: http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/P...Kenny-Bun.aspx
Beta2k is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote