MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates (Their rivalry)

View Single Post

Old 08-20-2012, 04:48 PM   #540
country flag manadrainer

manadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates - Year End Number 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliSter View Post
OK. And tell me who in Fed era wasnt a mental midget on big events like slams? Thugbandian? Tommy Haas? Hewitt lol? Please remind me who had a chance not a choke and atleast steal 1 slam from Olderer bar Safin and ofc Nadal? No one lol. All chronic chokers. They should kneel to DelPo for using the choke Fed gave him .Fed era players would probably choke back lol.
Actually DelPo tried to choke back that match: two consecutive double faults to give Fed the third set when serving at *4-5. And Fed still couldn't win the match.

Well tbh Fed served like crap in that final (14 aces, 11 DFs and very low fs %), and choked from 30-0 to close out the second set. Delpo played great from then on, but I'll never understand how Fed lost that match.

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
manadrainer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote