MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Lance Armstrong finally banned for doping

View Single Post

Old 08-20-2012, 01:37 PM   #42
country flag Tommy_Vercetti

Tommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why doesn't Usain Bolt get the Lance Armstrong treatment from the public?

I don't understand what the point in all of this is, other than those seeking the press. So many cyclists have been accused of being dopers, including ALL of Armstrong's rivals, both historically and during his own reign. If the French and Spanish think that doing everything possible to hurt his reputation is going to give more glory to their own more documented dopers, then they are kidding themselves.

It's been so many years, unless he actually says that he was doping (and it's clear by now that IF he was illegally doping, then he's not going to admit it) they are not going to be able to sanction him or strip him of anything. And if they did, which suspected doper would they give credit to? Another Óscar Pereiro situation where another almost certain doper (but non-American) was considered the winner? It's not like Armstrong took different tests. If he passed and is still said to be a doper, then so is everyone else by the same criteria.

So I fully buy that much of this has to do with getting press and staying relevant for the agencies and nothing but pettiness from European "fans" and his team members who got caught doping.

Last edited by Tommy_Vercetti : 08-20-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Tommy_Vercetti is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote