MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates (Their rivalry)

View Single Post

Old 08-20-2012, 12:15 PM   #523
country flag SaFed2005

SaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates - Year End Number 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
I see. I'll try to sum up here:

- Djokovic has lost every clutch match since Februay and his play ranges from awful to clearly below his best. Good joker AWOL since AO.
- Federer is 31, has lost a step or two and can't return anymore.
- Nadal has been injured since March, at least, playing through pain until it became too much.

And yet these three has won every meaningful tournament this year bar the Olympics.

Will you remind me again why this is called an especially strong era? Because that is what plenty of Djokovic fans are claiming, isn't it?
I absolutely agree with this. This is one of the weakest eras I have ever seen. After the top 3 ranking, the drop in level is ridiculous. Even if we say top 4 and include Murray into being a great player (which he is), after that its a bunch of player who just can't win anything. And I honestly don't feel like players outside the top 4 are even an outside threat to win big titles. Some of them may have the game to win but the problem is that all these players are so mentally weak. I have never seen a mentally weaker group of players...
SaFed2005 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote