MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Getting my 4 year old into playing tennis

View Single Post

Old 08-19-2012, 07:56 AM   #9
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting my 4 year old into playing tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Djoker View Post
I see where your coming from and I understand your point , the actual likelehood of this kid becoming the next Gilles Simon or even Gilles Muller is very very slim . But yeah I guess your right , anything worth it in life takes sacrifice . There,s still only a million to 1 shot of him becoming a star of the game . Not that this is the only thing that matters, I Couldent even tell you how many players are trying to become pros right now , . I guess your right . Still doesn't mean his son will enjoy the sport or possibly quit in a few weeks , few years . Early teens or 20s . The only person who can turn him into a tennis player truly is himself thought , and that,s fact. !
Obviously, that is the gamble one takes when pushing their child towards such a inflexible career, some take it better than others, some end up failing, some get injured, some get burned out emotionally, etc. Because no matter how much you try to get your kid to love a sport like tennis while growing up, it doesn't change the fact that they still have to go out there many hours everyday to train from an early age.