MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Getting my 4 year old into playing tennis

View Single Post

Old 08-18-2012, 08:16 PM   #8
country flag Super Djoker

Super Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting my 4 year old into playing tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
You are extremely naive to think that way at all. As I said in my previous comment, yes there are countless number of failed tennis players because they got burnt out. I mean no shit it doesn't seem right "forcing" a little kid to play a sport, but in general if you want your child to have true success in a sport like tennis, that is what you have to put them through. You show me how the greats for sports like tennis and golf were brought into the sport, or better yet, go raise a child and you'll find out that if you let them do what they want, it'll be a waste of their time. Most successful people in life I'd say were pushed by their parents in someway or another and eventually found the passion, respect or whatever for what they do.

Just go read the stories of players like Agassi and Rafa. How they were raised into the game is very much a reality for most tennis pros. You have to be completely oblivious or in total denial to think otherwise.
I see where your coming from and I understand your point , the actual likelehood of this kid becoming the next Gilles Simon or even Gilles Muller is very very slim . But yeah I guess your right , anything worth it in life takes sacrifice . There,s still only a million to 1 shot of him becoming a star of the game . Not that this is the only thing that matters, I Couldent even tell you how many players are trying to become pros right now , . I guess your right . Still doesn't mean his son will enjoy the sport or possibly quit in a few weeks , few years . Early teens or 20s . The only person who can turn him into a tennis player truly is himself thought , and that,s fact. !
Super Djoker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote