MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Getting my 4 year old into playing tennis

View Single Post

Old 08-18-2012, 03:26 AM   #7
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting my 4 year old into playing tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Djoker View Post
I don,t think forcing someone into a sport is going to get them good . There must be hundreds of young players that where pushed into it and detested the fact that they where made to play the sport. By all means introduce them to it encourage them , but forcing someone into tennis is very selfish on a parents part ! They either like it or they don,t if someone really wants to get good at tennis they will find that out themselves from playing here and there . Only a very small few ever make it to being top level players. You can,t just tell your child he or she is playing tennis , I call that crap parenting !
You are extremely naive to think that way at all. As I said in my previous comment, yes there are countless number of failed tennis players because they got burnt out. I mean no shit it doesn't seem right "forcing" a little kid to play a sport, but in general if you want your child to have true success in a sport like tennis, that is what you have to put them through. You show me how the greats for sports like tennis and golf were brought into the sport, or better yet, go raise a child and you'll find out that if you let them do what they want, it'll be a waste of their time. Most successful people in life I'd say were pushed by their parents in someway or another and eventually found the passion, respect or whatever for what they do.

Just go read the stories of players like Agassi and Rafa. How they were raised into the game is very much a reality for most tennis pros. You have to be completely oblivious or in total denial to think otherwise.