MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - United Kingdom threatens to storm Ecuador embassy in order to arrest Julian Assange

View Single Post

Old 08-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #21
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: United Kingdom threatens to storm Ecuador embassy in order to arrest Julian Assan

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
You chose to point out the reality of the situation, which was available from the start. For my own amusement I chose to let some people rant and rave and be the useful idiots of Ecuador.
The problem here remains that the motivation of Sweden is still not clear.

Assange has offered to be interviewed in the UK by Swedish prosecutors, or to go to Sweden if he is guaranteed that he will not be extradited to the USA on espionage charges from Sweden.

Sweden has refused both of these options.

This certainly gives comfort to those suggesting there are bigger things in play here than a sexual assault allegation or two.

I think it's unfortunate that these serious allegations are being lost in the wider bunfight of conspiracy theorists - the "they're politically motivated charges to get him to the USA to be tortured" vs the "he's using the USA extradition stuff as fear tactics to evade responsibility for his crimes against these two women".
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote