MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Rafael Nadal Injury/Health Update Thread : Nadal confirmed for Viña del Mar

View Single Post

Old 08-16-2012, 09:29 AM   #18
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toni's comments on Rafa's withdrawal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post
Given that he had most of June off, July and now August, maybe a DC return in September is not too far fetched...
did Toni really say that or is it your words ?

Nadal played the French Open until the 12th of june then in Halle until the 15th.

In Wimbledon, played until the 28th of june, surely prepared before.

That sounds like a busy june to me

He knows better than us but reasonably, I don't see him playing the Davis cup : the Spaniards probably don't need him to beat the Americans on clay (they needed him more to play the quarterfinal in the US last year), and one more month off could be important if he really has that degenerated tendon problem.

He could be back in Asia in that case, or even for indoor season.