MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Djokovic's junior coach troubled by his slump

View Single Post

Old 08-15-2012, 02:31 PM   #129
country flag 5555

5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Djokovic's junior coach troubled by his slump

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
I clarified an opinion of yours that you try to pass as a fact.
Why do you refuse to answer my question? Is it because you know that Djokovic's 2011 season is better than Sampras's 1994 but do not want to admit it?

Quote:
At the time, the GOAT was at 14, Fed was at 9, so a 5 slam difference with a realistic chance at getting there. To transpose this, Nole would have to be at 12 since the GOAT is now at 17. Is Nole at 12 GS titles at the moment? Does he have a chance at catching Federer? No and no.

Again that is merely common sense. Have you heard about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roamed View Post
That was because it was not unrealistic to expect Federer to surpass Sampras later, which he later did. Also, when he won his 9th slam he was playing a season in which he went 92-5 and I believe reached the final of every tournament except one. Besides, 9 is a lot closer to 14 than 5 is to 17. Numbers aren't all of it but they can't be ignored beyond common sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOFH View Post
I think the point was that Federer was a better overall player than Sampras, deduced from Fed dominating the world much more than Sampras ever did. Greatness OTOH is quite strictly tied with career accomplishments.
A fact is a statement that can be proven true or false. An opinion is an expression of a person’s feelings that cannot be proven. The GOAT discussion is matter of opinion because it is not just about numbers but it includes debate about level of competition and nobody can prove is level of competition now higher than in 2006 or 1986 or 1966...whenever.
5555 is offline View My Blog!