MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Olympic Games 2012 London Thread (All other sports besides tennis)

View Single Post

Old 08-12-2012, 10:21 PM   #4242
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Olympic Games 2012 London Thread (All other sports besides tennis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Beijing was very Chinese though and I found it very educational. It taught me about their culture. Just this time, it's my own country exporting its culture elsewhere.
I found the 08 ceremonies overly nationalistic as well. But I'd say these ones were even worse.

Again, exporting the culture and showing oneself to the world is fine. But this is the olympics, it's about sport, about athletes from all the countries in the world. It's seems the olympics itself has been only superficially explored... one would think these two ceremonies have been financed by the British Ministry of Tourism of something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Last time I checked, this was Britain and London's Olympics…

We can do what we so please!
And I can say what I think of what you do.

Is that the way you argue all the time?
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote