MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Olympic Games 2012 London Thread (All other sports besides tennis)

View Single Post

Old 08-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #4152
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Olympic Games 2012 London Thread (All other sports besides tennis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfrw07 View Post
Well, I think they called the game very tight. A lot of calls in basketball are not cut and dried, rather subjective. Sometimes minor contact is let go.

As for the score, that misrepresents the pace compared to an NBA game because the teams are so much better talent-wise.

For example, in Game 4 of the NBA finals, the Heat beat the Thunder 104-98 (a very similar score to today even with 8 more minutes played). The Heat took 79 shots, the Thunder 82. Today, the US took 70 shots and Spain took 67. A similar rate of shots when you take the time difference into account.

The reason the score is so high is that the three point line is closer.
So these teams are only good in offense?

The 3-point-line argument is an old one and quite irrelevant in my view. 3-pt-% are not that much better here than in the NBA playoffs.
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote