MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Just starting out, advice appreciated.

View Single Post

Old 08-12-2012, 06:40 AM   #14
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just starting out, advice appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arora View Post
I see where you're coming from and I appreciate the advice. You're right Novak started out with a one handed backhand and then switched to a double handed after a couple of years. I'm going to stick to a one handed for now because that feels a lot easier and I last longer in rallies. I have a much cleaner hit with it too. After a few months if I feel I'm not improving much I'll switch to a double or at least try it out. Thanks for the help
Just practice both look at Tsonga, he actually hits a one-hander sometimes. Really practicing both at the same time, especially when you are learning the game is the best way to decide what works best. Silly in my opinion to practice just one as you'll never know your true potential using the other.