MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Your ideal Olympic Games

View Single Post

Old 08-12-2012, 06:37 AM   #18
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your ideal Olympic Games

My opinion is that exclude sports like tennis and golf for which Olympic Gold will never be the biggest achievement. Instead, adopt new, rapidly-growing sports, like beach volley has been, for which Olympics would be the most important competition.

And, I think that something should be done with the size of the OG, or with the host city idea. I'm afraid the number of potential OG host countries is decreasing all the time, so that one day only some dictatures willing to promote their country can host Olympics. Downscaling OG might enable more contries to host the games, as they wouldn't have to make so many arenas which will have no use after OG. Another option would be permanent host city. In that case those arenas would have some use at least every fourth year.

Stan Wawrinka
The Saviour of Tennis
Australian Open 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic-Murray dominance in Slams
Monte Carlo 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic dominance in Masters
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote