MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Olympic Games 2012 London Thread (All other sports besides tennis)

View Single Post

Old 08-11-2012, 11:59 AM   #3632
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Olympic Games 2012 London Thread (All other sports besides tennis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
LOL yes I think only two out of the 8 members of that 100m final line-up were clean, Calvin Smith and Robson da Silva. The other 6 participants, Johnson, Lewis, Christie, Dennis Mitchell, Desai Williams and Ray Stewart all failed drugs tests at some point in their careers.

After Johnson lost to Lewis for the first time in 3 years in a meet at Zurich not long before Seoul, his team panicked. He took his injections too close to the Olympics with not enough enough time for them to clear his system before his drugs test. Thankfully he was caught. He took dianabol, stanozolol and furazabol at regular stages during his career. Plus after his return from suspension he was banned again in 1993 for excessive testosterone.

It's just a shame that Lewis and Christie weren't stripped of their medals as well. Lewis being awarded the gold medal in 1988 is pretty much like Thanou getting the gold medal that was taken away from Marion Jones from Sydney 2000. The IOC publicly did the right thing and refused to upgrade Thanou's silver medal to gold, but there were rumours last year that they gave her the gold medal in secret provided that she kept it quiet.
Carlton is still bitter, funny thing is from the ones that failed tests only Ben Johnson, Desai Williams and Dennis Mitchell took any responsibility. Ray Stewart, Christie and Lewis had various levels of delusions of their antics.

How come Carl isn't going on about the women's 4x100m record being broken? Apart from the steeplechase, pole vault and hammer most of the women's world records really are a bad joke and some good chemistry.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote