MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2010 USTA Boy's National Tennis Championships

View Single Post

Old 08-11-2012, 09:51 AM   #73
country flag PTWahoo14

PTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2010 USTA Boy's National Tennis Championships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
Oh boy, this is going to be interesting now. The winner of this tournament will invariably be a player that is way out of his depth at the challenger level, so the fact that he will get a USO WC will be
Not so surprising, really. In my opinion the tops seeds this year were weaker than we've seen in the past few years. Not even the top two seeds, Krueger and Redlicki, are able to fight at the challenger level yet. At least guys like Jack Sock and Mitchell Frank, Alex Domijan Chase Buchanan and Rhyne Williams, or even Ryan Harrison were winning futures events around the time they played KZOO.

I'm not saying this years group won't improve to be good though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beta2k View Post
2 questions:

1) is there live videostreaming somewhere?

2) what was the deepest a MD-WC (winner of this) or Quali-WC (runner up of this) made it into the USO draw? just curious...
1) Live streaming is here if it doesn't rain http://146.113.47.100/view/index.shtml Not perfect, but it's better than nothing.

2) I'm not sure about this. Last year the winner was Jack Sock and he reached the second round against Roddick, but this decade they all usually lose first round. There were probably some deep runs by winners a couple decades ago when teens could do well in the ATP. I just checked the archive and Michael Chang was a Kalamazoo winner.
PTWahoo14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote