MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Murray withdraws from Toronto.

View Single Post

Old 08-10-2012, 09:09 AM   #87
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murray withdraws from Toronto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyesok View Post
So just because a player has an excuse all they are avoiding is the financial penalty and they keep themselves in good standing with the tournament. The 0-pointer counts regardless.
As for Murray "getting some points this week" I'd say that's irrelevant. Ninety points is unliekly to make any difference at any point, although I am aware if Federer had 90 less points he wouldn't have been no 1 post Wimbledon. But that's the exception, not the rule.
This. All that talk of murray playing to avoid the point penalty just doesn't make sense.

If he had saved himself the trouble of going to toronto and taken a rest he would only have the finantial penalty and would earn 0 points instead of 90, as he won only 1 match.

I've read somewhere in MTF that he went to the tournament to avoid the 10.000 dollars penalty which I find strange because this is peanuts we're talking about for a guy that has made over 20 million in prizemoney only.
duarte_a is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote