MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Just starting out, advice appreciated.

View Single Post

Old 08-09-2012, 10:26 PM   #11
country flag Super Djoker

Super Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just starting out, advice appreciated.

I play a two handed backhand as well but started 1 handed as I found it easier ! Also felt better to hit but my two handed has tons more power on account of it being mostly a right arm forhand ! My advice for the one handed, make sure your turned so your looking at the ball towards your backhand side. Use your none playing arm to help prepare for the stroke ( Even 1 handers do this ) and hit the ball in front of you . Il just warm you my 1 handed is a sparatic fucktard backhand that seems to go anywhere and everywhere , but it,s practise . I started hitting 1 handed to begin with but my coach taught me a very solid 2 handed technique that gives me much more power than my 1 handed so I stuck with that . Having said that I never mastered the 1 hander . It,s worth sticking at thought . As you can spread 1 handers anywhere . You can do the same with a two hander but cross court is harder and crucially it takes less time to hit a 1 handed . So if you want fluant crisp tennis stick to 1 hander . If you want to play like a scamperer who hits pretty hard and gets everything back like me , go for a two handed. Not that you have to play like that with 2 handed lol

Last edited by Super Djoker : 08-09-2012 at 10:32 PM.
Super Djoker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote