MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Who will complete the "Hexagon" first

View Single Post

Old 08-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #50
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who will complete the "Hexagon" first

To be honest the importance of masters series tournaments is overstated. I doubt many multiple masters series champions actually remember how many masters series tournaments they won in total, or their individual records at each of the individual events. I know that Sampras and numerous other players from the 90s have no idea how many masters titles they have to their name.

Really its a septagon, but the olympics is different to a slam or a regular tour event, in that a gold medal is a gold medal regardless of whether it has been achieved in singles or doubles, so Federer is an olympic champion. Similarly the Davis Cup is different in that it is a team event that combines singles and doubles (often the crucial and decisive rubber).
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote