MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Olympics: Gold medal swimmer admits to cheating in 100m breaststroke

View Single Post

Old 08-08-2012, 04:47 PM   #13
country flag Tommy_Vercetti

Tommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Olympics: Gold medal swimmer admits to cheating in 100 breaststroke

I agree. It's just like in tennis, I don't blame a player for not calling things on himself. It's part of the game.

But it is about character. Like I said, Hansen is the most notable for absolutely refusing to cheat, which definitely cost him gold medals in the OG and WC's for years when he was in his prime.

I respect this guy more than say Fernando Gonzales, who blatantly lied about what happened. Once again, I don't blame him for the incompetence of the official, but lying about it just shows a complete lack of personal character. While this guy obviously knows that the winner of all the breaststroke events from the last two games won because he shamelessly cheated.

Last edited by Tommy_Vercetti : 08-08-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Tommy_Vercetti is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote