MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Rogers Cup

Thread: Rogers Cup
View Single Post

Old 08-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #48
country flag Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rogers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
any of you guys watch it?

Peter did absolutely nothing to win the first set. I think he had like 1 winner the entire set. He just hit the ball in play a couple times and Ebden made an error.

In the 2nd and 3rd sets Ebden played better, Peter maybe had his level drop slightly but not much, he has no real weapons so eventually Ebden took control of the point.

Peter definately didn't choke anything, against any decent opponent he wouldn't have won set 1. Ebden was the worst I've ever seen anyone play a set
I disagree kinda, Peter's forehand was a weapon in the first set but you are correct in saying that Ebden made quick errors usually. In the second set he was standing too far back and when Ebden hit a short ball, Peter came up to it and then went back again instead of hitting an attacking shot and going to the net.