MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Rafachat - vol. 79. Who cares about the AO? SA slam to start very soon! Bamos!

View Single Post

Old 08-07-2012, 01:56 PM   #1284
country flag Minn

Minn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Worst Olympics ever - onto USO :rocker2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
3 medals: Not much, is it? Belgians take the motto "competing is more important than winning" a bit too far. We don't have this competitive mentality in our schools when doing sport. We always get told that we need to have fun in the first place and winning is just an after-thought. I do think it's a great attitude towards kids but it doesn't exactly lead to medals.
We've only got 10. That's not very good either. Those Americans and Chinese need to stop winning so much.

Quote:
Our silver medalist is one of the very few real amateurs. He participates in one of the shooting events. His day job is a labor inspector. He had to take time off to compete in the Olympics. He was the only one in his sport to have a regular day job. Apparantly, they get taught by psychologists how to put themselves in a trance so that they don't have to move a muscle over a long, long time. Over 45 minutes, we saw this guy move only once and that was only a slight movement of his arm.
I can't sit still for 4 minutes, let alone 45 minutes so it's safe to say that this isn't my sport.
I think it's great that someone who has a regular full time job won a medal. I didn't know that about using psychology to stay still for so long. Interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
On the BBC, they said that those Chinese athletes probably are told that they can't return home at all unless they win gold.
They said on Canadian TV that the Chinese government is sending letters of congratulations ONLY to gold medal winners. Winners of silver and bronze get nothing. I think that's horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
Australia doing so poorly is a surprise. Australia is considered a very sporty country and the Sydney Olympics were so great.
Yes. They usually do so well at summer Olympics. This is the US-China Olympics, I think. In that case, go USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
It’s fun when athletes from little countries win gold — or just a medal. I think it’s fun for everyone.

I liked the Brazilian winning gold in the rings. It was a nice moment, but I thought the Chinese gymnast was better.
Agree with both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Also just found out one of the defeated USians is from Bountiful, Utah.
Male or female?