MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Endless Federer-Nadal debates

View Single Post

Old 08-07-2012, 04:55 AM   #928
country flag evilmindbulgaria

evilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Endless Federer-Nadal debates (WTF vs Olympics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj100 View Post
I think the point is that not many finals that Federer lost were played out in Federer's prime of 2003-2007. In fact, I count only 4 total finals between these two, with 2 Wimbledons to Federer and 2 French Opens to Nadal.

What would have been interesting is if Nadal was the same age as Federer.
That is one of the main reasons we cannot compare different eras. However, I disagree about Fed's prime. How about 2009? Did he not win 2 GS and reach the final at the other 2 GS? Looking only at one's "prime" years is silly IMO.

Rafa winning at least one slam in 10 consecutive years is the best achievement in Open Era tennis since Laver won all 4 Grand slam tournaments in the same year!

Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion!
evilmindbulgaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote